Tall Monument at a Roadside
- Gray wash, brown wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 5/8 inches (17.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "John Skippe"; in graphite, lower center: "166 | I know nothing of/ the attribution I.A.W."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- column (architectural element) | genre subject | landscape | monument | people | ravine | roadside | ruin | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Skippe, 1741–1812, British, Tall Monument at a Roadside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.