Tall Monument at a Roadside
- Gray wash, brown wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 5/8 inches (17.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "John Skippe"; in graphite, lower center: "166 | I know nothing of/ the attribution I.A.W."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- column (architectural element) | genre subject | landscape | monument | people | ravine | roadside | ruin | woods
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Skippe, 1741–1812, British, Tall Monument at a Roadside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.