unknown artist, eighteenth century, Landscape with Trees and a Distant Castle, ca. 1800
Landscape with Trees and a Distant Castle
- ca. 1800
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 8 × 10 1/4 inches (20.3 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Study of Trees / Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | grove | landscape | streams | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.