Miss Barbara Hill (d. 1838)
- ca. 1777
- gouache and watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 3/8 × 2 1/2 inches (6 × 6.4 cm)
In ink, on verso: "Miss Hill"; "[da Brown / Hair]" - illeg. marks in upper right corner, recto.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chemise | dress | hairstyles | portrait | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Smart, 1741–1811, British, Miss Barbara Hill (d. 1838), ca. 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.