IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mary Smirke, 1779–1853, British, The Temple near Brighton, undated
The Temple near Brighton
- Pen and ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/16 × 7 5/8 inches (13.2 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "Maria Smirke"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "No 77 in cat."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view | house | temple
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.