IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, James Boswell and His Family, undated
James Boswell and His Family
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 × 5 7/8 inches (12.7 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 2736"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | family | hat | portrait
- Associated People:
- Boswell, James (1740–1795), lawyer, diarist, and biographer of Samuel Johnson
Boswell, Margaret Montgomerie [Peggie] (1738?–1789)
Boswell, Sir Alexander, first baronet (1775–1822), poet and politician
Boswell, James (1778–1822), barrister and literary scholar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.