IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Figures, One Riding, Going Towards a House, ca. 1800
Figures, One Riding, Going Towards a House
- ca. 1800
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 7 1/4 inches (8.6 × 18.4 cm)
In graphite, verso, center left: "Sketch by John Constable from the collection of his cousin".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | genre subject | hill | horses (animals) | house | riding | trees | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.