Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Ground Floor Plan
- Additional Title(s):
Design for Ardgowan House: Ground Floor Plan
Design for a Scottish House
- Gray wash with pen and black and brown ink on smooth, moderately thick, beige wove paper bar scale of 1/12 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 18 9/16 inches (28.6 × 47.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Ground Floor"; in pen and black ink throughout, rooms labeled and dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Scale of" and scale bar numbered "10" to "100 Feet"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 13"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "C: Cleghorn Edin.r 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Claud Cleghorn, active 1797–1800, Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Ground Floor Plan, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.