Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Principal Floor Plan
- Additional Title(s):
Design for Ardgowan House: Principal Floor Plan
Design for a Scottish House
- Gray wash with pen in gray and black ink on smooth, moderately thick, beige wove paper bar scale of 1/12 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 16 7/8 inches (28.6 × 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Principal Floor"; in pen and black ink throughout, rooms labeled and dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center, scale bar numbered "10" to "100 Feet"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Claud Cleghorn, active 1797–1800, Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Principal Floor Plan, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.