IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Claud Cleghorn, active 1797–1800, Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Principal Floor Plan, 1797
Design for Ardgowan House, Scotland: Principal Floor Plan
- Additional Title(s):
Design for Ardgowan House: Principal Floor Plan
- Watercolor, gray wash, and pen and black and brown ink on smooth, moderately thick, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 18 9/16 inches (28.4 × 47.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Principal Floor"; in pen and black ink throughout, rooms labeled and dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Scale of" and scale bar numbered "10" to "100 Feet"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 15"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "C: Cleghorn Edin.r 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | floor plan | house
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.