IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Dixon, 1820–1893, British, Lion, 1880s
- Gelatin silver print on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 11 3/8 inches (22.9 × 28.9 cm)
Blind embossed, lower right: "Henry Dixon & Son | Registered"
Scratched lettering on negative: "DIXON | 17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bushes | lion
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.