John Gilpin Then Stopp'd at His Own Door
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/2 × 4 inches (8.9 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Then Stopp'd at His Own Door;" Inscribed, in ink (as part of composition), recto, upper center: "John GILPIN, L(i)nen Draper, Cheapside".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | horseback riding | horses (animals) | man | monocle | obese | reins | stirrups | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, John Gilpin Then Stopp'd at His Own Door, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.