Gluttony - So Eager You'd Have Thought Indeed That It Was Pleasant Work
- Pen and ink and wash and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 × 4 inches (9.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in ink, lower center: "So eager you'd have throught indeed/That it was pleasant work"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dining table | food | fork | glasses (drinking glasses) | gluttony | knife (cutting tool) | obesity | plates | sin | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Gluttony - So Eager You'd Have Thought Indeed That It Was Pleasant Work, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.