John Constable, 1776–1837, British, Ruin of St. Botolph's Priory, Colchester, ca. 1809
Ruin of St. Botolph's Priory, Colchester
- ca. 1809
- Black and brown chalk over graphite with stumping on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 14 7/8 inches (43.5 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Constable."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | church | Gothic (Medieval) | Medieval | priory | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Colchester | England | Essex | Europe | St Botolph's Priory | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.