Helmingham: The Silent Pool
- ca. 1800
- Graphite with gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 11 7/8 inches (18.1 x 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "A S[...]"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "10/-"; in pen and black ink, verso, lower left: "1798"
J. Wickwar watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | landscape | pool | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Helmingham | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Constable, 1776–1837, British, Helmingham: The Silent Pool, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.