- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 4 7/8 inches (8.3 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7 Sepr. 1820"; inscribed on back in graphite, upper left: "Salisbury [..]HA"; in graphite, upper center: "John Constable R.A.. | Hampstead Heath (see RB Beckett Letter) | Sept. 1828 | Purchased Ch[...]lin Apl. 3 1962 | From A.M."; in graphite, center left: "p. 5/8 946/120"; in graphite, center: "96"; in graphite, lower left: "63-3"; in graphite, lower center: "J. CONSTABLE"; in graphite, lower right: "[...] 76"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure | figure study | heath | landscape | man | park (grounds)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampstead | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.