- Greek Scholars have been Puzzled for Centuries by the Strange Gestures of this Statue... Recent Excavation of a Flat Tone, Obviously Representing a Wet Strip of Negatives, Solves the Problem
- before 1992
- Collage on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 inches (21.6 × 27.9 cm) and Image: 6 1/4 × 8 1/4 inches (15.9 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Greek scholars have been puzzled for centuries | by the strange gestures of this statue..."; lower right: "Recent excavation of a flat stone, obviously | representing a wet strip of negatives, solves the problem."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "134"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "BJ"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joy of Giving Something, Inc
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Bill Jay, 1940–2009, British, Greek Scholars have been Puzzled for Centuries by the Strange Gestures of this Statue... Recent Excavation of a Flat Tone, Obviously Representing a Wet Strip of Negatives, Solves the Problem, before 1992
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.