Four East Indiamen at Archor
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 12 3/4 inches (19.4 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, center left: "[Ceylon]"; in artist's hand in graphite, center: "Coutts"; in artist's hand in graphite, center left "Woodford [Preston]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "50244 Rxx"
T Wickwar 1801 watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | marine art | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Constable, 1776–1837, British, Four East Indiamen at Archor, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.