Two Studies of Dedham Church from the East
- between 1806 and 1808
- Graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 x 8 inches (17.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, center right: "19 x 12 1/2 | plain blue | over mount | with sei[...]gh | sepia line | & gold strip | landscape | shape"; in artist's hand in graphite, lower left: "9"; in artist's hand in graphite, lower center: "10"; in artist's hand in graphite, lower right: "8 x 2 x 8"
J W[HATMAN] watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | figure | landscape | studies
- Associated Places:
- Dedham | England | Essex | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Constable, 1776–1837, British, Two Studies of Dedham Church from the East, between 1806 and 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.