Stoke Poges Church
- Additional Title(s):
A Country Church with a Willow beside a Pond
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and dark brown ink and scratching out on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 7 1/8 inches (21.6 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Well wa[lk] | April 15 1834"
Signed and dated in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, lower left: "John Constable R.A. - 18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | clouds | landscape | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Europe | Stoke Poges | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: