- A Lady of Fashion with Black Shawl and Red Shoes
- ca. 1778
- Pen, black ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted to medium, moderately textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 3 1/8 inches (12.4 × 7.9 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 × 5 1/2 inches (18.1 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "19 x 12 1/2 light pink wash here Blue overmount"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lady | portrait | shawl
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Collet, ca. 1725–1780, British, A Lady of Fashion with Black Shawl and Red Shoes, ca. 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.