- Watercolor, gray wash, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 10 inches (30.5 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on back in artist's hand(?), in pen and brown ink over graphite upper left: "In Place - No. 17-."; in graphite lower center encircled: "19"; "D3303/"; underlined: "John Collet 1725-1780"; "In Place. 1769. | Engraved by Collett & published in 1769 | LGD"
Stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottles | canes | man | pilasters | pointing | scrolls (motifs) | smiling | Tables
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.