An Ampitheatrical Version of the Fall of Bastille
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 inches (17.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in pen and black ink, upper right: "Standard | of | Liberty; center left: "Truce"; center: "This Is | A Drawbridge"; center left:"No | Bastile"; center left: "D-N you | what Do You | Want"; LCR: [....] | [.....] can asure | since his return from | Paris that this [......] | Bastile is the most |exactest of any | [......].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | genre subject | soldiers | stage | theatre
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Collings, active 1784–1795, British, An Ampitheatrical Version of the Fall of Bastille, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.