In the Camp Vaccinio at Rome
- ca. 1777
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 23 13/16 inches (38.4 x 60.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, center: "Part of Mont Palatine | Rome J. Smith | 183"
Signed on verso in pen and gray ink, center: "J. Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | Grand Tour | ruins | sheep | shepherd | wall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, In the Camp Vaccinio at Rome, ca. 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.