- Spirit of Aristocracy enforcing Reform, or, The Rights of Kings maintained
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 × 18 7/8 inches (33 × 47.9 cm) and Image: 10 × 16 1/2 inches (25.4 × 41.9 cm)
Watermark: Whatman Turkey Mill
Lettered in image: "Liberty! Ah, ah, ah, there's no | such thing in my Dominions, | and so you may find | Cock - present - fire - off with it, Huzza! | now cut the Strumpets tail off for I have oft | experienced Freedom to be, | tho' a pleasing | a dangerous Thing | DEMOC| RACY | There, I have made a | good Woman of you | Let the hardened | Wretch see and be dam'ed | I am for wholesome | Freedom | She was getting too | much ahead | Dam' me | We were a pretty | K__ of Clouts to | suffer such dorings | If she dares to stir | I'll split her to pieces | RUSSIAN | DANISH | SWEDISH | TREIERS | SPANISH | MONARCHAL | PROFESSOR | AND | CONFES | SON | SARDINIAN | IMPERIAL | The largest Bore in all Europe | PRUSSIAN | BRITISH | GERMANIC | SPIRIT OF ARISTOCRACY enforcing REFORM, | OR, the RIGHTS of KINGS maintained. | Pub' by W. Dent Jun 23 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dent, active 1784–1793, Spirit of Aristocracy enforcing Reform, or, The Rights of Kings maintained, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.