- The Allied Gourmands Taking a Luncheon; or the Turkey in Danger
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (25.1 × 34.9 cm), and Image: 8 × 12 5/8 inches (20.3 × 32.1 cm)
Watermark: Whatman Turkey Mill
Lettered above image, upper center: "TRIA JUNCTA IN UNO."; lettered in image: "Well, I suppose I too must eat | with you; but by George I am | afraid the TURKEY is | not honestly otain'd | Oh! never you mind how it is obtain'd | leave that to me - Egad I am so | hungry, I could eat the whole of it - with plenty of Gree(as)e and a little East | Indian Spice - which I think I shall soon possess. | Oh! I sall eat of de turkee | even if it sall came (from) old Nic | himself - because by Gar I - | sall can not help it. | I should like do have a slish | of de toorkey, but I subboze I | shall only com in for de bones | vat is left."; lettered below image: "T. Jones fec't | The ALLIED GOURMANDS taking a Luncheon; of (the) TURKEY in DANGER. | London Pub'd Feb'y 1st, 1828 by T. McLean. Haymarket.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jones, active 1828, The Allied Gourmands Taking a Luncheon; or the Turkey in Danger, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.