IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Bramber Castle, between 1824 and 1835
- between 1824 and 1835
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 11 3/4 × 8 1/2 inches (29.8 × 21.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 7/16 × 6 3/16 inches (24 × 15.7 cm), Sheet: 9 1/8 × 5 7/8 inches (23.2 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: Bramber Castle
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | castle | dog (animal) | man | ruins | tree
- Associated Places:
- Bramber | England | Europe | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.