- The Upsetting of the Reform Coach
- Colored lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 inches (29.2 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 11 × 15 inches (27.9 × 38.1 cm), and Image: 10 × 14 1/2 inches (25.4 × 36.8 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower left
Lettered inside image: "Well I think we did right to jump off, although we may have got | a little hurt or so; - I told you Johnny would upset the Coach. | Sit fast M-lb---ne, these fellows would have done | much better to have kept their places; I think one | ought always to keep one's place as long as one can. | Help! Help! | REFORM | HB"; lettered below image: "Published by Tho's McLean, 26 Haymarket, June 4th 1834 | THE UPSETTING OF THE REFORM COACH. | A. Ducôte, Lithog. 70, St. Martin's Lane.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Godfrey Pearlson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Upsetting of the Reform Coach, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.