- Bomb Proof Battery near Gillingham, on the Medway...
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 12 3/8 inches (21.9 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in watercolor lower right: "E W Cooke"; inscribed on back in graphite upper right: "11"; in black chalk upper right: "V408"; in graphite upper right: "Bomb. proof Battery . near Gillingham | Midway."; in graphite lower right encircled: "30"; in graphite lower right: "P. as.| late."
Signed in artist's hand in watercolor lower right: "E W Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors (fasteners) | anchors (watercraft equipment) | battery | birds | birds | figures | flags | French | masts | reflection | ships
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gillingham | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward William Cooke, 1811–1880, British, Bomb Proof Battery near Gillingham, on the Medway.., undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.