Paul Before Felix
- Etching with line engraving
- Sheet: 16 3/4 × 20 3/4 inches (42.5 × 52.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "27"; lower left of mat paper: "217 | Plate 207 (cat. 192) | second state"
Lettered below image: "And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and Judgment to come, Felix trembled. | Engraved by Wm. Hogarth from his Original Painting in Lincoln's inn hall, & Publish'd as the Act directs, Feb. 5, 1752."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art,Gift of Suzanne and William H. Speaker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bible | chain | Classical | drapery | governor | hall | handcuffs | helmet | man | Paul before Felix and Drusilla | pillar | pointing | preaching | prisoner | proceedings | religious and mythological subject | saint | sleeping | soldier | spear | trial | woman
- Associated People:
- Felix, Marcus Antonius (5-10CE), Roman procurator
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Paul Before Felix, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.