- Paul Before Felix
- Etching with line engraving
- Sheet: 16 3/4 × 20 3/4 inches (42.5 × 52.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "27"
Lettered below image: "And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and Judgment to come, Felix trembled. | Engraved by Wm. Hogarth from his Original Painting in Lincoln's inn hall, & Publish'd as the Act directs, Feb. 5, 1752."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art,Gift of Suzanne and William H. Speaker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bible | chain | Classical | drapery | governor | hall | handcuffs | helmet | man | Paul before Felix and Drusilla | pillar | pointing | preaching | prisoner | proceedings | religious and mythological subject | saint | sleeping | soldier | spear | trial | woman
- Associated People:
- Felix, Marcus Antonius (5-10CE), Roman procurator
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Paul Before Felix, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.