- Plate 1, The Fellow 'Prentices at their Looms
- Etching with line engraving
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 13 1/2 inches (26.4 × 34.3 cm)
Lettered above image: "The Fellow 'Prentices | INDUSTRY and IDLENESS | at their Looms."; lettered below image: "Proverbs Chap: 23, Ve: 21, " The Drunkard shall come to | Poverty & drowsiness shall | cloath a Man n'th rags. | Proverbs Ch: 10, Ver: 4 | The hand of the diligent | Maketh rich. | Designed & Engrav'd by Wm. Hogarth | Plate I | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament 30 Sep'br. 1747.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art,Gift of Suzanne and William H. Speaker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Plate 1, The Fellow 'Prentices at their Looms, 1747
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.