- Plate 11, The Idle 'Prentice Executed at Tyburn
- Etching with line engraving
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 7/8 inches (27.3 × 40.3 cm)
Lettered above image: "The IDLE 'PRENTICE Executed at Tyburn."; lettered below image: "Proverbs CHAP: I. Vers's: 27, 28. | When fear cometh as desolation, and their | destruction cometh as a Whirlwind; when | distress cometh upon them, then tey shall | call upon God, but he will not answer. | Design'd & Engrav'd by Wm. Hogarth | Plate 11 | Published according to Act of Parliament Sep. 30 1747.".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art,Gift of Suzanne and William H. Speaker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Hogarth, 1697–1764, British, Plate 11, The Idle 'Prentice Executed at Tyburn, 1747
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.