View of the Early Castle of Diganwy
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 8 3/4 inches (13 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on mount, upper left: "133"; in brown ink, lower center: "View of the early Castle of Diganwy, with its slight remains, & of Ormes Head__ | as seen across the Conway River, from its Carnarvonshire Shore."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | figures | houses | landscape | men | mountains | river | riverbank | rowboat | sailboat
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Cymru | Deganwy | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, View of the Early Castle of Diganwy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.