John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Saint Michael's Mount, Cornwall, undated
Saint Michael's Mount, Cornwall
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 8 3/8 inches (13.7 x 21.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 8 1/4 x 13 7/8 inches (21 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, labeled from the old mount: "St. Michaels Mount, Cornwall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | castle | cliff | clouds | lake | mountains | rocks (landforms)
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | Europe | Saint Michael's Mount | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.