- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 5 1/8 inches (17.5 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower center: "Summer.| and by turn relieves | The ruddy milkmaid of her burning pail; | Line 1664 [in wash border].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- discussion (meeting) | farm | labor | landscape | pasture | summer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.