- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 5 1/4 inches (17.5 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in the artist's hand in pen and grey ink, lower center: "AUTUMN | Before the ripened field the reapers stand | In fair array, each by the lass he loves" | Line 153 [in wash border].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | field | genre subject | grasses | landscape | men | pasture | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.