- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 5 1/4 inches (17.5 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in the artist's hand in pen and grey ink, lower center: "AUTUMN | Before the ripened field the reapers stand | In fair array, each by the lass he loves" | Line 153 [in wash border].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | field | genre subject | grasses | landscape | men | pasture | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.