On Mt. Palatine
- 1764 to 1831
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 17 x 11 inches (43.2 x 27.9 cm) and 20 9/16 x 14 5/8 inches (52.2 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "XI"; in graphite, verso, upper center: "On Mt. Paladine (sic) | J Smith"; lower center: "San Pietro ad Vincoli? | Rome"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | clouds | Grand Tour | mountains | palm trees | path | trees
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Monte Palatino | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, On Mt. Palatine, 1764 to 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.