The Abbey Gates Looking to Greenfield House
- Watercolor with scratching out over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 3 1/4 inches (12.4 x 8.3 cm)
In artist's hand in pen and brown ink, verso: "from Metchley Abbey Gates/Looking along Greenfield Lane/To Greenfield House;" inscribed on verso in graphite: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | house | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Europe | Greenfield House | Harborne | Metchley Abbey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, The Abbey Gates Looking to Greenfield House, 1840s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.