The Abbey Gates Looking to Greenfield House
- Watercolor with scratching out over graphite on medium moderately textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 3 1/4 inches (12.4 x 8.3 cm)
In artist's hand in pen and brown ink, verso: "from Metchley Abbey Gates/Looking along Greenfield Lane/To Greenfield House;" inscribed on verso in graphite: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | house | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Europe | Greenfield House | Harborne | Metchley Abbey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, The Abbey Gates Looking to Greenfield House, 1840s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.