- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 7/8 inches (14.6 x 25.1 cm) and Mount: 10 3/8 × 6 inches (26.4 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in watercolor, lower left: "D. Cox | 1832"
Signed and dated in watercolor, lower left: "D. Cox | 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | bathing | bathing machines | beach | cliffs | costume | genre subject | harbor | houses | leisure | swimming | wagons
- Associated Places:
- Dover | Dover castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.