- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 7/8 inches (14.6 x 25.1 cm) and Mount: 10 3/8 × 6 inches (26.4 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in watercolor, lower left: "D. Cox | 1832"
Signed and dated in watercolor, lower left: "D. Cox | 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | bathing | bathing machines | beach | cliffs | costume | genre subject | harbor | houses | leisure | swimming | wagons
- Associated Places:
- Dover | Dover castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.