IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, East End of Howden Church, Yorkshire, ca. 1803
East End of Howden Church, Yorkshire
- ca. 1803
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 11 3/4 inches (39.1 x 29.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Howden | Howden church | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Cotman in Normandy (Dulwich Picture Gallery, 2012-10-10 - 2013-01-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Presences of Nature - British Landscape 1780-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-10-20 - 1983-02-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.