- Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, West Front
- ca. 1804
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted to medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/4 inches (26 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Castle Acre Priory | John Sell Cotman"
Collector's stamp: RIBA blind embossed stamp
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | castle | priory | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Castle Acre | England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, West Front, ca. 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.