IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, West Front, ca. 1804
Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk, West Front
- ca. 1804
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted to medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/4 inches (26 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Castle Acre Priory | John Sell Cotman"
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | castle | priory | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Castle Acre | England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.