- Chinese Coolies Demolishing a Building
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 6 7/8 inches (19.7 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "[artist's shorthand]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | building | demolition | figure study | landscape | workers
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 207, no. 438, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Chinese Coolies Demolishing a Building, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.