Chinese Coolies reading a Proclamation
- Graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 6 5/8 inches (15.2 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed and dated in pen and brown ink, center, left: "[artist's shorthand] | 1841".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | proclamation | workers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 207, no. 441, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)