IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Peacock at Capel Curig, 1840s
Peacock at Capel Curig
- Additional Title(s):
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 9 inches (14.3 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in black chalk, lower right: "[?] Capel Curig"; verso, center right: "Lake [?]"; lower left: "[fr]om Capel Curig"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | peacock (bird)
- Associated Places:
- Capel Curig | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.