IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Dieppe Pier, Stiff Breeze, ca. 1832
Dieppe Pier, Stiff Breeze
- ca. 1832
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 9 inches (16.8 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left not in artist's hand: "David Cox"; verso (according to note in docket): "Dieppe Pier, Stiff Breeze"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left, not in artist's hand: "David Cox"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | coast | marine art | ships
- Associated Places:
- Dieppe | Europe | France | Haute-Normandie | Seine-Maritime, Département de la
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Oil on Water - Oil Sketches by British Watercolorists (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-08-26 - 1986-11-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Malcolm Cormack, Oil on water, oil sketches by British watercolorists , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1986, p. 22-24, fig. 13, ND467 C67 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.