- An Elephant
- Pen, black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 6 1/4in. (12.7 x 15.9cm)
In pen and black ink, upper right: "[artist's shorthand]"; in artist's hand in pen an black ink, center: "+"; in graphite, lower right: "S" [sideways].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | elephant (animal) | riding
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, An Elephant, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.