IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Chinnery, 1774–1852, British, Thatched Building in a Wood, 1814
Thatched Building in a Wood
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite drawings of columns, figures..etc.
- Black ink, brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 9 inches (16.8 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Nov. 27 1814";Verso: inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, upper left: and center left: [with shorthand and , in graphite, ": 168."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | thatched roofs | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.