- Beeston Castle, Cheshire: Entrance to the Castle
- ca. 1814
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches (12.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso: "Beeston Castle, Cheshire, J.S. Cotman"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind embossed stamp
Signed verso "J.S. Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle
- Associated Places:
- Beeston | Cheshire | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Beeston Castle, Cheshire: Entrance to the Castle, ca. 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.