A Chest in Dersingham Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 15 inches (19.1 x 38.1 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 x 14 3/8 inches (16.2 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "A Chest in Darsingham Ch. Norfolk"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman Aug. 26. 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chest | church
- Associated Places:
- Dersingham | Dersingham church | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Chest in Dersingham Church, Norfolk, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.