A Chest in Dersingham Church, Norfolk
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 7 1/2 x 15 inches (19.1 x 38.1 cm) and 6 3/8 x 14 3/8 inches (16.2 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "A Chest in Darsingham Ch. Norfolk"
Collector's mark: RIBA blind stamp
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J. S Cotman Aug. 26. 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chest | church
- Associated Places:
- Dersingham | Dersingham church | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, A Chest in Dersingham Church, Norfolk, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.