Design for the Grand Staircase, Buckingham Palace, the Centre & 2d
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 19 1/2 inches (18.4 × 49.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink: 'Stothard-Ritual of the order of the garter | Edward the 3rd conferring the honor of knighthood | on his son Edward at the same time with many others | upon his landing in France."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Thos Stothard"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Design for the Grand Staircase, Buckingham Palace, the Centre & 2d, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.