South Door, Arminghall Hall, Norfolk
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 6 5/8 inches (27.6 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman"; in graphite, lower right: [?1709]; in graphite, lower right: "South door | Arminghall Hall | Norfolk; inscribed on verso in graphite: "Rev. J. Bulwer | S.D.K. 806."
Collector's mark: Royal Institute of British Architects
Signed in graphite, lower left: "J. S Cotman"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | door | hall
- Associated Places:
- Arminghall | England | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, South Door, Arminghall Hall, Norfolk, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.